How to choose oil painting materials? It is important to know the unique properties of painting materials
With transparent vegetable oil mixed pigments in produced base on the materials such as cloth, paper, board of shape artistic image of the painting. Its origin and development in Europe, to the modern become a important type in the world. Produced in the 15th century before the European painting tempera is a precursor to oil painting. While using the tempera, many artists continue to look for a more ideal agent is mixed.
The Netherlands, it is generally believed that the early 15th century painter van love brothers is the founder of the oil painting techniques. Them on the basis of predecessors' attempt to dissolve oil paint, paint with linseed oil and walnut oil as harmonic agent,custom oil portrait
the paint brush smooth, color in the picture on the drying time is moderate, easy to paint in the process of multiple coverage and modification, the level of form rich color and gloss, paint adhesion after dry, not easy peeling off and fade. They used new oil painting material creation, at the time of the painting is very influential. Oil painting technology spreads quickly in other Western Europe countries, especially developed quickly in Venice, Italy.
Oil painting of the main materials and tools are paints, turpentine, brushes, painting, canvas, glazing oil, frame, etc.
(1) pigments, minerals and chemical synthesis of two kinds big. More than the original paint for mineral pigment, by hand at the end of the ground into a fine, to mediate epistaxis in painting. Modern by factory batch production, into the tin pipe, the types of pigment is also increasing. The performance of the paint and the chemical content of relevant, toning, chemistry can make some adverse reaction between pigment. Therefore, know the performance of the paint to give full play to the skills of oil portrait
painting works and make same colour over a long period of time.
(2) turpentine oil, it is a kind of volatile oil of medical. In the modulation of the oil painting, ACTS as diluting pigment. After a minute or two to completely evaporate, dry without burnish. The turpentine oil and color according to certain proportion mixing, dry faster, the color is more bright.
(3) the brush, elastic moderate animal fur, has a sharp edge round, flat front flat shape, flat shape of a short front and kinds of fan and so on.
(4) draw knife, also called a palette knife, made of elastic stalloy, have sharp shape, cone, used for on the palette to make paint, many painters also a ghost with a knife, direct painting with a knife or partially pigment layer is formed on the canvas, texture, increase the expressive force.
(5) the canvas, the standard of the canvas, it is linen cloth or canvas stretched on a wooden frame, plastic or oil mixed with white powder and coating on the surface of cloth is made and be become. Made of oil absorption and has a certain effect of base cloth, or according to creative needs to make half a base of oil absorption or completely oil absorption. The thickness of fabric according to the size of the picture, also need to choose according to the drawing effect. Some painters had background canvas is used, easy to form a unified picture is tonal, can also be inadvertently reveal the impression when he painted. After besmear bottom manufacture, not oil absorption board or cardboard can be instead of canvas.
6 glazing oil, usually after finish painting and dry coating glazing oil, keep the picture gloss, prevent air erosion and fouling.
7) frame, the complete oil painting including frame, realistic strong painting, especially the frame to form the viewer horizon line of works, the picture is complete, concentrated, draw the object in the viewer's feeling to our further development. The frame of the thickness, size depends on the work content. Classical oil painting
of the casing outside the use made of wood, gesso, more modern oil painting frame made of aluminum alloy of metal materials.